Laser Hair Removal
ABOUT THE PROCEDURE:
What is laser hair removal?
It is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures where an intense light beam is directed into the hair follicle to gently heat and remove unwanted hair. The light beam only affects the hair follicle, and not the skin around or under it.
Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal?
If you have hair that is light brown or darker, you are an ideal candidate. Laser hair removal will not work on blond, white, gray, or red hair.
Is laser hair removal safe?
SomaSou’s laser hair removal is safe for all skin types. It’s important to follow the pre and post treatment care given to you by our providers.
What to expect?
Hair grows in cycles, making it necessary to receive a series of treatments. Each treatment is spaced 4-6 weeks apart. Most patients need at least 6 treatment cycles for best results.
How do I prepare for laser hair removal treatment?
- Shave 12-24 hours before treatment. This allows the laser to locate the hair follicle faster
- Do not was, thread, or tweeze 2-4 weeks prior to treatment
- Remove all makeup, lotion, & deodorant prior to treatment
- Do not tan 2-4 weeks prior to your treatment (this includes sunbeds!) Tanned skin has extra melanin (pigment) which attracts laser energy AWAY from targeted hair follicles, making the treatment less effective.
What happens after my laser hair removal treatment?
- Do not exercise, take hot showers, or use hot tubs/sauna for 12-24 hours after treatment
- Wash and pat dry after showering for 3 days and on the 4th day start exfoliating
- Avoid using any other hair removal treatment (waxing, electrolysis, or tweezing)
- SPF 30+ is strongly advised every day, even if cloudy.
I’m pregnant. Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal?
We do not recommend treating with laser hair removal while pregnant.