Skincare is more than just a buzzword. Prioritizing the health of your skin is a commitment to your long-term health and your future self will thank you. One of the best ways to take care of your skin for the long term is to create a skincare routine. If you aren’t sure where to start, we have some great suggestions to get you started.
What is a Skincare Routine?
A skincare routine is a regimen you perform on your skin in the morning and night to keep your face looking its best. There are three main functions to almost all skincare routines: cleansing, treating with appropriate serums, and moisturizing. Following these three steps consistently will have your skin looking its best year-round.
Know Your Skin Type
To establish a skincare routine that’s right for you, it’s important to first identify your skin type. There are five basic skin types, which you can read about in-depth here. Determine if you have oily, dry, normal, combination, or sensitive skin, and then buy the products that work best with your skin type.
In what order should I use my skincare products?
When creating a skincare routine that works for you, it’s about more than just buying the right products. You must also be consistent and apply the products in the right order. Here is a sample of what your skincare routine should look like in order of product application.
- Cleanse: Every morning and evening, you should wash your face gently with water and a cleanser that’s right for your skin type. Cleansing will remove dirt, oil, and impurities from your skin.
- Tone: Using a skin toner can help unclog pores, which will allow your skin to better absorb additional skincare products.
- Serum: Next it’s time to apply a serum. Serums can accomplish different things. Serums have the ability to penetrate deeper into the skin layers and deliver products more directly.
- Moisturize: This essential step will hydrate the skin and leave your face feeling soft and smooth. Don’t forget to include an eye cream application in this step!
- Sunscreen: During your morning routine, you want to finish up with an application of sunscreen. Daily sunscreen application is important for preventing skin cancer and sun damage. Sunscreen also helps prevent fine lines and wrinkles on the skin.
Get Started with SomaSou
Are you ready to create a skincare routine that works for you? Talk with the experts at SomaSou MedSpa. We have carefully curated a selection of medical-grade skincare so you can start building your ideal routine. Our products have a higher concentration of active ingredients which allows you to not overuse the product since a little goes a long way to helping address areas like your pore size, redness, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, sunspots and more. Stop in to speak to our trained estheticians who can help guide you appropriately. . You can also shop SomaSou’s skincare products online here.
SomaSou is Del Ray’s first MedSpa offering services to help our community regain vitality, strength, and confidence in themselves. SomaSou means “your body,” and we give you options to help you feel confident about it. Start your journey by taking an active role in your well-being and schedule a consultation with us today. For more information about our services and to schedule a treatment, please contact us here.